Sunday, July 18, 2010

ReviewsByJames: Sorcerer's Apprentice


Sorcerer's Apprentice
7/10

Two reasons why I wanted to see this movie: #1 Nicolas Cage. I've always enjoyed watching his films (with the exeption of The Wikcer Man), and #2 Jay Burachel.  For some reason he played the part of David Stutler very well. Plus I've enjoyed the last two movies that I've seen him in: How to Train Your Dragon & She's Out of My League, two movies that I highly recommend.  Let me retract my first sentence: there are actually three reasons.  The third reason being that I am reading a novel by Michael Scott titled The Eternal Life of Nicholas Flamel.  The book closely follows the story of this movie.  They're both an interesting tale about Merlin the Magician.  There are some similarities between the book and this movie which I thought was exciting but I won't spoil that for you. Cage played his character exceptionally well, but I found the goofy trench coat to be a little corny.  Burachel's portrayal of David was excellent as he can easily pull off the geeky guy who gets the hot girl at the end.  The ending was not what I had hoped for.  It was done too quick and the end battle could have been played out better.  Other than that, it didn't leave a nasty taste in my mouth.  I enjoyed it.  I wasn't expecting much. A good family movie and its a recommendation from me.

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment