Monday, April 7, 2014

Review: How I Met Your Mother - Series Finale


How I Met Your Mother - Series Finale
SPOILER FREE!

When FRIENDS ended in 2004, people desperately looked for a show to fill that void. The following year, a show debut that surely looked to be a potential replacement of our favorite 6 friends in New York City. Although Season 1 of How I Met Your Mother had elements similar to Friends, it certainly packed other elements that Friends lacked and it resulted as the #1 new comedy on television. I was instantly hooked on the show. The chemistry between these five actors were magical on the screen. The execution of the stories was something that viewers have never seen. The Ted and Robin debacle reminded us of Ross and Rachel, but only in a different light. From Season 1 through 9, my DVR religiously recorded 24 episodes a season and it was definitely the comedy show to watch.

Fast forward to Season 9 (the final season) and viewers will finally get to find out how Ted met the mother of his children. I totally threw out the notion of Ted and Robin ever getting back together because I felt that ship sailed two seasons ago. Still, I was curious as to how Ted met his wife. The 1 hour long finale had many expectations. I expected a lot of explanations. Why they haven't mentioned Ted's wife's name. Why Barney and Robin got married? They never seemed like they truly loved each other. As the minutes closed in at the 1 hour mark, we were finally getting answers.

I felt the last episode was rushed. They could've used the last season to make it worthwhile but it seemed the writers and producers decided to stuff all the things we have been waiting for in one hour. I was not a fan at how it ended. The empty glass that I have been waiting to be filled didn't even get a chance for a fill. The ending actually broke the glass and missed the chance of being one of the most memorable.


ReviewsByJames

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment